How did al-Shabab attack the US military base in Kenya in January 2020?. US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has ordered a re-investigation of an attack. On the US military base Manda Bay in Kenya in January 2020. military base, killing at least three American soldiers and wounding three others. According to the Associated Press, Secretary of Defense John Kirby did not mention. What was lacking in the initial investigation into the attack?
John Kirby said a re-independent investigation into the attack on Kenya’s US military base. Would help get to the bottom of the matter. Lloyd Austin is meeting with the officials of the African Command. The US Army in Stuttgart, Germany. The meetings are part of his wider tour of Europe. He is consulting with his allies in Europe and meeting with US commanders. He will also hold separate meetings with US European Command officials in Stuttgart. Also look at that read.……Bill Gates’ new prediction to end the coronavirus epidemic
John Kirby said that after considering the findings of the US military’s African Command investigation. The US Secretary of Defense has decided to select a “four-star” journal of the US military for the review. Gen Paul Funk, commander of the U.S. Army’s Army Training. And Doctrine Command has been appointed to investigate the attack. General Funk has extensive combat experience.
Al-Shabab attack the US military base
The U.S. military base at Kenya’s coastal resort was attacked. On January 5, 2020. By 20 to 30 al-Qaeda-linked al-Shabab fighters. This was al-Shabab’s first major offensive against US forces in Kenya. The attack killed three US soldiers, wounded three, and destroyed six warplanes. It took the US and Kenyan troops a full day to thwart. The early morning attack in January 2012. Complete a search of the airfield and secure the base.
The U.S. military base at Manda Bay has been used for years. But in 2016 the base was upgraded to a full-fledged airbase with the transfer of more troops. Warplanes and equipment. It is considered a key US military base for the fight against al-Shabab fighters.
Col. Chris Cornes, a spokesman for the U.S. military’s African Command. Said efforts were underway to investigate the attack on a U.S. base in Kenya. According to the Associated Press. The families of the American soldiers were reassured. That everything possible had been done to understand the situation. And take appropriate action.
Al-Shabaab fighters bases in Somalia
To defeat President Obama’s assertion that the US Department of Defense’s. The decision to re-investigate the attack was “out of the question.” Has He expressed confidence in the findings of the new investigation report?. The US military would try to address its shortcomings in Kenya and the African region.
Al-Shabaab fighters have reportedly set up bases in Somalia. The United States has carried out several airstrikes inside Somalia to target al-Shabab fighters. Under the former US administration. It was decided to withdraw 700 US troops from Kenya. Most of whom had left by mid-January. According to officials. The number of US troops currently stationed in Kenya is less than 100. The US Secretary of Defense has ordered. A review of US military strength and readiness for war around the world